Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

RDST
RALPH SCARFOGLIERO
north bergen nj
(4 posts)

10/23/2007 01:11PM

Main British Car:
1956 AUSTIN HEALEY CHEVY 283

DICS BRAKE CONVERSION NEEDED FOR MY AH 100-4
Posted by: RDST
Date: October 23, 2007 01:22PM

I NEED ASSISTANCE TO CONVERT MY AH 100-4 TO DISC BRAKES AND ALSO RACK AND PINION STEERING. ANY ONE WHO CAN RECOMEND A SHOP WHO IS CAPABLE OF THIS , PLEASE RESPOND. I AN LOCATED IN NORTH N.J. THANKS RALPH

motormouth
Kris Palmer
Mpls MN
(63 posts)

10/23/2007 03:13PM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph TR6, Olds F85 V8, TR8 5-speed 'box Olds 215 V8

Re: DICS BRAKE CONVERSION NEEDED FOR MY AH 100-4
Posted by: motormouth
Date: November 28, 2007 10:58PM

Ralph,
Just saw your post. I did a quick search for you and came up with this suggestion. Check out the Austin Healey Sports and Touring Club, which serves several northeastern states. They list several suppliers here: [www.austin-healey-stc.org]

I browsed these quickly and at least two look worth talking to: Motorcar Garage in Maple Shade New Jersey advertises 32 years in British car repair services and lists brakes as one of their specialties. Here is their site: [www.motorcar-garage.com] Another one that looks to have some potential is Healey Surgeons outside Washington, D.C. Their site: [www.healeysurgeons.com]

I also note that disk brake conversion kits are available, which should put this job within the competence of any skilled mechanic. Denis Welch motorsports in England has a couple different kits and I'm sure either of the shops above would have insights for you on what works best there. Here is DW's shop along with one of their disk conversion kits on the page given: [www.bighealey.co.uk]

Note that I have not used any of these shops or parts.... I'd call them, talk to them, tell them your needs and listen to their answers. That should give you a good idea if they're worth talking to further. Ask for a reference or two, and if it all checks out, visit the shop in person.

Good luck. Kris Palmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2007 11:00PM by motormouth.

RDST
RALPH SCARFOGLIERO
north bergen nj
(4 posts)

10/23/2007 01:11PM

Main British Car:
1956 AUSTIN HEALEY CHEVY 283

Posted by: RDST
Date: November 29, 2007 05:55PM

HI KRIS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR VERY HELPFUL INFO. I WILL START WITH MOTORCAR-GARAGE FIRST, SINCE THEY ARE THE CLOSEST TO ME. REGARDS RALPH P.S. I ATTACHED A PHOTO OF MY CAR.
3-DUECES.JPG
MVC-035S.JPG

motormouth
Kris Palmer
Mpls MN
(63 posts)

10/23/2007 03:13PM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph TR6, Olds F85 V8, TR8 5-speed 'box Olds 215 V8

Posted by: motormouth
Date: November 30, 2007 09:59AM

Neat car Ralph. I like the motor's vintage look--nothing says vintage like a generator, either. Kris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.