Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

B-Fast B-Strong
William Smith

(144 posts)

10/17/2009 11:28PM

Main British Car:
Bugeye Bodied Spriget

authors avatar
Re: My rendering of the ideal Road & Track Car
Posted by: B-Fast B-Strong
Date: September 03, 2010 12:38PM

Jim,
If it's a Ford pattern then it must be a 93 up transmission and those are world class , you can buy a 2.95 close ratio gear set right on Ebay for 388.00 and have a great transmission here is the link > [cgi.ebay.com]
While you have it apart replace that stamped retainer at 5th gear with a machined one and that will boost the torque it will take and make it pretty bullet proof. They are not really hard to work on and it does not take all that many special tools but you are not comfortable with that your local transmission shop would be able to do it.
That sure will make your Bugeye a lot more fun to drive and keep whatever engine you have in it up in it's higher range were it makes more power which will make it a little quicker too. Good luck with it.
William

jim
jim begor
brushton ny
(31 posts)

12/30/2009 08:59PM

Main British Car:
59 sprite gm 3.1 5 speed

Posted by: jim
Date: September 03, 2010 01:35PM

that price is better than GM wholesale from a dealer I know well for 5th gear and syncro was $ 600.00 so I bought a used tranney
for $150.00 and it works good I will have to think about that gear set I have a converted fwd 60 degree gm v6 3.4 in the bug eye
it a lot of fun I just narrowed a GM 10 bolt out of a astro with a 3.42 with pozie gears have to get rid of that 4.10 sprite rear
just to low geared your concept car and your bug eye looks real good good luck
jim

B-Fast B-Strong
William Smith

(144 posts)

10/17/2009 11:28PM

Main British Car:
Bugeye Bodied Spriget

authors avatar
Posted by: B-Fast B-Strong
Date: September 03, 2010 04:41PM

Jim,
Do you know if your case is world class,. should be if it is a Ford pattern cased S10. I'm going to run a 8.8 Ford rear end with 4.10 limited slip but I will have an engine that revs 9000 rpm. Decided to build the impractical one , not going to drive it but on nice days anyway , mostly weekends ! You can find some bargains on Ebay for sure, so I guess you liked that link I PM'ed you !
Post pictures of your Bugeye in the Gallery , there is not one up there with a GM V6 you would be the first !
William

t.lay
Tom Lay
Grayslake, IL
(93 posts)

05/13/2008 09:53PM

Main British Car:
72 mg b gt

Posted by: t.lay
Date: November 20, 2010 12:57PM

12-5-09-02i.jpg

Just attach body parts to this and you're good to go.
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.