Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

simplymike
michael carson

(1 posts)

07/09/2010 05:11PM

Main British Car:

1959 austin healey bugeye sprite
Posted by: simplymike
Date: July 09, 2010 05:30PM

Okay first off my name is mike and my dads is david. I will try to get to the point asap but still will be a little lengthy, so please bare with me.

we started to work on our sprite and have gone a little crazy with it. When we got the car there was mostly just cosmetic parts left that were not completely rusted off. So with how we think we just started to cut and hack trying to preserve what we could. The engine and trans were both in decent shape but with being a VERY strict budget build we opted for my spare rx7 rotary engine and drive train. To support the differential we have made a frame and have the differential mounted and my dad made some custom half-shafts and now to where we are stuck trying to figure out the control arms and suspension. After looking at this forum it seems that we are not as insane as my mother makes us believe. If anyone has any suggestion it is appreciated. I will try to get some pictures up-loaded. I need to get some better ones of the progress but haven't had the time.

thanks again,
mike
fc austin healey 002.JPG
^^^Both the project cars.
fc austin healey 006.JPG
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/simplymike_2008/frame3.jpg

Bugeye RX
Dave Bergheimer

(47 posts)

05/16/2010 07:04PM

Main British Car:

Re: 1959 austin healey bugeye sprite
Posted by: Bugeye RX
Date: July 10, 2010 08:51PM

Cool project Mike, I can't wait to see how this works out!

J Man
jason adkins
NW OH
(202 posts)

01/21/2009 08:49PM

Main British Car:
'61 Morris Minor panel, '70 MGB GT, '74 MGB GT MGB 1.8, unsure yet on the GTs

Re: 1959 austin healey bugeye sprite
Posted by: J Man
Date: August 14, 2010 01:46PM

Do you have any pics of the complete RX7 suspension out of the car?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.