Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

DC Townsend
David Townsend
Vermont
(406 posts)

11/21/2007 12:22PM

Main British Car:
'78 B (almost done) 30-over SBF, dry sump

authors avatar
Looking for article on McMahon 'nasty boy'
Posted by: DC Townsend
Date: March 09, 2008 08:47PM

Somewhere in my wanderings among British sites or recent readings, I stumbled on an article about a black Healey 'nasty boy' that was wrecked during a hill climb then repaired and repainted yellow. The image I remember from the article showed the newly refurbished ride with the owner and a couple of other people standing in front of the car. Recently, I had the occasion to meet the gentleman's son, Pat McMahon, and told him of the article. I have since been unable to locate it and am hoping that someone out there recalls the piece and can provide information. I promised Pat I would send it to him once I found it again. Thanks in advance to anyone out there who can help.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Looking for article on McMahon 'nasty boy'
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: March 10, 2008 09:31AM

Shoot an email to Leroy:

[www.carjunky.com]

HealeyRick
Rick Neville

(489 posts)

12/19/2007 05:01PM

Main British Car:
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Ford 5.0L

authors avatar
Posted by: HealeyRick
Date: March 10, 2008 10:30AM

Small world. I'm putting a 2000 Explorer 5.0 into my BJ7 and met Pat online at ffcobra.com. I spent a great day with Pat and his dad pouring over his new car and his old chassis getting ideas for my swap. Great guys, both of them. I think the article you're looking for is in one of the old Wheelspinners. You can contact Leroy at wierdwillie@centurytel.net

Nasty Healeying
Rick

DC Townsend
David Townsend
Vermont
(406 posts)

11/21/2007 12:22PM

Main British Car:
'78 B (almost done) 30-over SBF, dry sump

authors avatar
Posted by: DC Townsend
Date: March 10, 2008 08:30PM

Healeyrick,

I too met Pat on FFCobra and traveled with him and his mates down tot he FFR Moochfest a few weeks ago. Great guy. I'll give leroy a shout and see if he can help. thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.