Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

JH update, aka Hemi Healey
Posted by: roverman
Date: December 05, 2011 06:56PM

Wheels arrived today-just like in the "rendering" 8" x17"s in the front. I had been considering next width up, 9.5", simply too much for this car to swallow, in front. Got the Magenehelic +/- hg gage, to discover high/low pressure areas,(high speed pursuit). Tear-drop tail lights,led's,hidden behind rear grille-in the air exit through grille. Got aero, hot air exits,(2) for top of hood. Huffaker f-glass should be here soon. Anyone have a vacum mold for vortex generators ? Yeah, the Huffaker fiberglass is done ! Hood weighs 18#, now I need to weigh the orig. Looks like I have some work, over xmas break. Weighed the steel hood, 50 lbs. Not bad for such a massive spanse,(only periperal stiffening underneath). To be continued, Plan is to get standard corner weights, 2,087lbs wo. driver=52% front), then torsional testing of unit body, I will try to twist at the wheel base vs. the bumper mounts. Cheers roverman.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2012 08:14PM by roverman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.