Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

0311 grunt
robert powell

(1 posts)

10/18/2020 05:05PM

Main British Car:

1961 AH 3000 front suspension
Posted by: 0311 grunt
Date: October 18, 2020 05:32PM

I have a '61 3000. It had a 327 and automatic when I bought it, also flared fenders (actually don't look to bad) and a narrowed ford 9". It is a drum brake car, and I want to modify the front suspension adding disc brakes, rack and pinion, and new "A" arms, ball joints etc, so camber and caster can be adjusted. I'm sure this has been done before, but for the life of me I can't find any info. I've talked to a couple of custom fabrication shops, but they want to sell me a generic mustang 2 cross member. I don't see how that would work with the under slung frame. I'm hoping to keep my lower control arms, (adapt a ball joint to it) add an upper "A" arm and either a shock absorber or possibly a coil over. I pretty much do my own mechanical, paint and body work, so a DYI approach is what I'm looking for. Thanks

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: 1961 AH 3000 front suspension
Posted by: Moderator
Date: October 19, 2020 05:48PM

Peter Linn apparently had a similar front suspension idea. Regrettably, our photo gallery doesn't show as much detail as you might wish, but you'll find some info here: [www.britishv8.org]

davesr
David Opdenhoff

(7 posts)

05/04/2014 11:34AM

Main British Car:

Re: 1961 AH 3000 front suspension
Posted by: davesr
Date: November 15, 2020 03:01PM

I'm in the process of doing a front suspension swap. I have found the Pontiac FIERO is a great choice. It uses 6 to 8 bolts for a complete set up. Rack and Pinion, disc brakes, etc. Fame mounting will require some modifications and welding of mounting plates.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.