Healey Sports Cars

mods & upgrades for Healey (Nash, Austin, or Jensen) cars, including engine swaps

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Robby.ozment@sbcglobal.net
Robert Ozment

(3 posts)

01/01/2019 06:31PM

Main British Car:

Does anybody recognize this car
Posted by: Robby.ozment@sbcglobal.net
Date: October 04, 2022 03:00PM

Its at the Beverly Hills Car Club. It’s an AH the 100-4 with a GM v8 swap. I’d like to find out its history and an honest opinion on it’s condition.

[www.beverlyhillscarclub.com]

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: Does anybody recognize this car
Posted by: 88v8
Date: October 14, 2022 01:43PM

Not in the Photo Gallery...
Looks as if it was all done, and then someone started a refresh and never finished it.
The exhaust flexy is not a particularly good sign, nor the fuel filler by the battery, nor the ahh, interesting angle irons behind the screen, but at that price I'd say it's worth following up.

Ivor

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Does anybody recognize this car
Posted by: rficalora
Date: October 19, 2022 11:42AM

The things Ivor highlights, especially the exhaust flex pipe and the battery location, warrant further inspection to see what other shortcuts might have been taken. The angled braces visible in the engine bay are probably good things if they are tying into the frame in a way that strengthens it. The rust inside the speedo (which is a relatively recent aftermarket AutoMeter gauge) followed by the apparent rust on the floor boards and frame make me wonder whether this isn't a flood car rather than a California or other dry state car. Not to say it couldn't be reconditioned, but I'd be looking at the extent of the rust. If it needs to be disassembled; frame, body and other parts blasted (and some replaced) the apparent good deal wouldn't be so good any more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.