pizza914
Jamie Rust

(12 posts)

07/21/2008 12:22AM

Main British Car:

215 oil leaks & Fuel pump?
Posted by: pizza914
Date: August 13, 2009 10:53PM

Hey guys I've got a few oil leaks on my 215. This is in my Porsche 914 conversion. I am getting ready to drop the motor & track them down. It seems like when under the car there always seems to be a drop hanging on just about every bolt. Other then that it seems at the bottom of my tranny where it meets the motor.

Just wondering if you could give me some problem areas to look for? I also have the original mechanical fuel pump on it. I am planning to use an electric pump. Is there on you recommend. Anything I need to do but block of the old fuel pump spot? Thanks

MG four six eight
Bill Jacobson
Wa state
(324 posts)

10/23/2007 02:15AM

Main British Car:
73 MGB Buick 215, Eaton/GM supercharger

Re: 215 oil leaks & Fuel pump?
Posted by: MG four six eight
Date: August 15, 2009 02:14AM

Jamie
Has your engine been converted to a one piece rear main seal? Also it's very common for the oil pan gasket to leak. They have old school, low tech engine sealing. (cork gaskets ugh) Using modern gaskets (rubber) and sealants does help though.
To convert to an electric fuel pump, just block off the hole. You can make your own block off plate out of 3/8" thick aluminum plate. It wont warp like the cheapy chrome plated aftermarket ones do.

Bill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.