oblvnnwtnjhn
Spencer Crawford

(19 posts)

02/13/2021 05:52PM

Main British Car:

Which LBC for 215/266 swap?
Posted by: oblvnnwtnjhn
Date: September 15, 2022 12:10PM

I am aware of what's involved with the MGB's, but curious what other cars lend themselves to a 215 install equal up to the complexity of a pre-74' MGB, maybe more if the right car/balance etc?

I sold my 71' GT recently, too original to molest, looking for a decent roller to build a street racer and want something somewhat unique and this time convertible. Willing to put in the time and effort, long haul, for the right car.

Is it possible in an Midget/Sprite as the thought of a Bugeye replica with a Peter May fiberglass kit really appeals to me, but nothing locally I am aware of so I can take measurements, I put out a call to the local Brit club I belong to. Thought best to ask the hive mind since I know such has been pursued before.

I already have the 215 and 300 crank, sourced all the needed parts. I was going to install in my 61' CJ5 but had to rebuild the F head sooner than later with only 11K miles due to PO's over zealous application of RTV. So that's now completed as was quicker than waiting on the local machine shop for the 215/266 and the related parts cost as the CJ is my daily and needed back on the road.

What is important to me is that it be somewhat period correct, so no JDM engines or modern V6's. I would be willing to go with an early American V6 such as the 198 or else but do want to keep the weight down. Even if a modern V6, if it has a direct lineage from an early American V6 and can be carbureted to keep with the period theme vs EFI/comp controlled.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2022 12:28PM by oblvnnwtnjhn.

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: Which LBC for 215/266 swap?
Posted by: 88v8
Date: September 17, 2022 05:06AM

You may have seen in the Photo gallery, this Sprite with RV8 [www.britishv8.org] which right at the end looks quite stock, from a distance.

If you scroll through all the Galleries, you will find a number of cars to choose from. The Sprite/Midget present certain challenges in fitting either a big motor or a larger driver!

Ivor

minorv8
Jukka Harkola

(268 posts)

04/08/2009 06:50AM

Main British Car:
Morris Minor Rover V8

Re: Which LBC for 215/266 swap?
Posted by: minorv8
Date: September 17, 2022 12:31PM

Here is a pretty recent swap. Unfortunately the pages are in Finnish but check the photos and will have an idea what the Spridget V8 swap requires.

[kellari.vip]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.