tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Hyundai Genesis Tau V8
Posted by: tr8todd
Date: January 08, 2023 10:32AM

I recently picked up a used V8 Genesis for my wife. Knew nothing about them and still know very little. Not much info on these things other than what I could find on Wiki. What I did see intrigued me. They come in 4.6 and 5.0L configurations with 92mm and 96mm bores. Hmmm that sounds familiar. Stroke is 3.43", again sounds familiar. 4 valve cylinder heads. Read but can't confirm that it makes more normally aspirated v8 horsepower than anything it was designed to compete against from the likes of Lexus, BMW, etc. Can't find info on bore spacing or anything like that, but did find that it was designed to have displacement increased to 5.5L for a truck version that never happened. Anybody have any thought on this engine, or have any experience with these? In the three weeks or so I have had the car, I can honestly say this car is amazing and was an incredible bargain compared to the other used luxury cars we were cross shopping. Never even considered buying one until a local club member put it up for sale.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: Hyundai Genesis Tau V8
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: January 08, 2023 10:41AM

Is this the Hyundai Genesis Coupe? If so it is said to be very race inspired with a 2-stroke like power delivery, very quick steering, and brakes that can be rather abrupt. Rumor has it that a large percentage of them have become tree decorations. Something of a find in the V8 version if that is what you have.

Jim

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: tr8todd
Date: January 08, 2023 10:54AM

We picked up the Genesis 4 door sedan. Like I said, I knew nothing of them other than they existed and it was Hyundai trying to build a high end version to compete with Lexus, BMW, Merceds full size cars. A flagship car. Just dismissed them because, well, its Hyundai.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: January 09, 2023 11:14AM

Yeah, apparently the Coupe is a little rocket ship.
Should be lots of posts online about them as they've gotten kind of a reputation. From what I hear, sort of like riding a big dirt bike, very thrilling if you're up for it but also trying to kill you.

Apparently the sedan was detuned.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.