10/17/2009 11:28PM

Main British Car:
Bugeye Bodied Spriget

authors avatar
New Engine on the Horizon
Posted by: B-Fast B-Strong
Date: September 12, 2010 03:19PM

New Ford Engine the 2.0 L Ecoboost

The Ford Motor Company has come out with a tubro charged 2/0 L engine called the ecoboost. It is the first EcoBoost engine to include Twin-Independent Variable Cam Timing ,with advertised 10-20% better fuel economy while maintaining the performance of a 3.0 liter V6 engine. Power will be at least 230 bhp and torque will be at least 240 lb·ft Ford announced the production would begin in 2010. This is a very compact unit and I have not heard what the weight is, but I would guess under 250 pounds . This should drop right in a MGB or a Midget and give you everything you could want, power , fuel milage and reliabilty. Is it warped or what feeling you can't wait till some people wreck some of these cars so you can have one ?

Ready Eng 2.jpg

Ready Eng 1.jpg

joe_padavano
Joseph Padavano
Northern Virginia
(157 posts)

02/15/2010 03:49PM

Main British Car:
1962 F-85 Deluxe wagon 215 Olds

Re: New Engine on the Horizon
Posted by: joe_padavano
Date: September 12, 2010 05:42PM

Or, you could just get a 260 HP/260 ft-lb turbocharged Ecotec out of a Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, or Chevy HHR-SS and Cobalt SS.

B-Fast B-Strong
William Smith

(144 posts)

Main British Car:
Bugeye Bodied Spriget

authors avatar
Date: September 12, 2010 11:25PM

Why would I want an inferior engine , have you seen one? They are wide , heavy and get terrible gas millage !
They were made to compete with the Ford Zetec engine , which is 3 generations back for Ford. But in defense of GM they are broke you can't expect them to keep up with Fords innovations . It's kind of like me, back in the day telling you to stick with a flat head Ford engine and forget about that new Chevy bow tie engine , it will never amount to anything ! We all saw how wrong that would be and Ford had to hustle to catch up !

Oh the new Ford Explorer will have a 275 hp and 280 lb.-ft. of torque version of this engine and it is such a light weight compact sized little powerhouse.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 11:47PM by B-Fast B-Strong.

socorob
Robbie
La
(173 posts)

09/17/2009 04:42PM

Main British Car:
1963 Sunbeam Alpine Series 2 Ford 2.8 V6

Posted by: socorob
Date: September 13, 2010 12:24AM

i wonder if youll be able to get a bell to put a t5 behind it? I dig the new v6 even more.

B-Fast B-Strong
William Smith

(144 posts)

Main British Car:
Bugeye Bodied Spriget

authors avatar
Date: September 13, 2010 01:53AM

It has the same pattern as the Duratec I am sure , they are putting it in the Focus and Explorer , probably the Ranger , they would not change the transmissions it would cost too much. I would even bet it is the same block as the Duratec..Head is different as it has direct FI .

Ecoboost-direct-injection.jpg

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: September 13, 2010 09:49PM

It'd be awesome in a Midget, IF it's not too tall.

B-Fast B-Strong
William Smith

(144 posts)

Main British Car:
Bugeye Bodied Spriget

authors avatar
Date: September 13, 2010 10:49PM

Hey Carl ,
It looks to be the same height as the Duratec and they are putting it in the new Focus so it has to be the same size , right ! I'm putting the Duratec under a Bugeye bonnet and I was going to throw a couple of grand at it to get 300+ hp but now I think I will just be on the lookout for an Ecoboost and switch it out. I will have to deal with some more electronics but nothing for a high stepper like me right !
This is a scale drawing I did to see how the Duratec fit , plenty of room , fits like it was made for it. Makes you want to go out and buy a Midget doesn't it Carl !
Boy don't you know that's going to have some getty up in it's come along as we say down south !

Engine Placement.jpg

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: September 14, 2010 05:30PM

Yeah, I've been daydreaming about Midgets ever since I snuggled down in one many years ago. The S2000 VTEC Bugeye just put me over the edge!

[www.britishv8.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.