tips, technology, tools and techniques related to vehicle driveline components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

olds70supreme
Kraig Kapfhamer

(15 posts)

07/15/2009 12:55PM

Main British Car:

Picture of 215 accessory locations? (Front view preferred)
Posted by: olds70supreme
Date: April 29, 2011 03:54PM

Hello,

I am looking for pictures of the front of 215 engines. I have swapped an Olds 215 into a '75 Olds Starfire and am trying to find information on which stock accessories I can fit in the engine bay. Since I don't have any brackets or accessories (p/s, a/c, etc...) a picture of an engine with accessories out of the engine bay would be a great help. This way I can decide which I can make work. Setups both with and without a/c and/or p/s are needed.

BTW, of the thousands of 215 pictures on the internet it was very rare to find one with any brackets on the front of the engine.

Thanks in advance.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Picture of 215 accessory locations? (Front view preferred)
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 29, 2011 10:03PM

Did Buick and Olds use common brackets? If so, this article might help... it includes three views of the generator side and one picture of the power steering pump & a/c compressor side: [www.britishv8.org]

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Re: Picture of 215 accessory locations? (Front view preferred)
Posted by: roverman
Date: May 01, 2011 03:20PM

Clan, D & D seeemed to have good compilation of accessories/ pictures. You can peep all the 215/Rover conversions,in this forum, which pretty much shows the gamut, of engine-newity. Ditching the generator and cast iron starter, is a good thing. Cheers, roverman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.