(4 posts)

11/12/2011 12:07AM

Main British Car:
1970 Ford Capri Rover 3500

authors avatar
Trans swap help
Posted by: interceptor
Date: December 12, 2011 06:39PM

Ok, I’ve been through all the info. Regarding transmission swap but can’t seem to figure it out. I know this has been beaten to death by you all, but, sorry I’m just a little slow.
So the problem that I have is that my transmission finally gave up, it’s shut. 30 mph and I’m doing close to 4000 rpm. So now I decided to do a swap instead of giving the old B&W 35 an overhaul. Please advise me on the best way to do the 5-speed swap. I’m on a tight budget but can do a lot of fabrication if needed. The Capri has very little space in the trans-tunnel and the engine has to stay in the location it’s at now. Can I use the bell housing from the B&W 35 to do the swap? Cable or hydraulic clutch?. I have no tools or experience to weld aluminum but have no problem in fabricating trans. Member and pedals and drive shaft. I know that I need a flywheel and clutch kit and I have fairly easy access to different T5’s ( Ford, GM ) but for the rest of the stuff, I would be very thankful for any advise you could give me.
Thanks
JJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.