Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Mushroom lifters for RV8 and sbb
Posted by: roverman
Date: November 13, 2012 07:43PM

I can buy chilled iron, GM racing with .965" foot dia. Pricey at $25. ea.! These are former Bill Jenkins inventory. I will likely try type I VW, chromemoly billet, by Empi. $4. ea and have edm. hole in the face for lube, right where you want it.The body dia. is 19mm., which makes room to bronze bush the lifter bores,(good for racing).You use these for faster ramp rates, by virture of larger dia., possibly 1", in the rover without narrowing the lobes. Big reason for use, is their legal in most vintage racing and other forms of racing, where roller lifters are not.The cams are coming along,(10). Onward, roverman.

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Mushroom lifters for RV8 and sbb
Date: November 16, 2012 10:34PM

I have just completed the tooling to counterbore the bootom of the lifter bosses. This is required to clear the cam lobes, from additional foot thickness. Onward, roverman.

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Mushroom lifters for RV8 and sbb
Date: December 04, 2012 11:02AM

Much work, to satisfy the rules. I suspect these kinds of rules are generic in nature, in theory to simplify, and the rule makers don't have to suffer the results/details. Case in point rover and sbb have their lifter centerlines closer together than sbc and sbf. This makes for quite a challenge to use a .965" lifter foot dia,(min. diameter cam grinders bother with). The resultant is you get to narrow the cam lobes to .450" wide? To be continued, roverman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.