Michigan
(129 posts)

12/16/2012 03:16PM

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Poor man's traction control
Posted by: tomsbad6
Date: January 04, 2013 09:01PM

Just thought I'd share a trick I found to work really good in these lightweight cars big horsepower and lightweight don't always mix. With the nitrous system in my car I run a three step timing retard when the nitrous is off the button on my shifter still runs a separate retard module usually about 8° this throws off a bunch of torque without killing horsepower. Before all the high tech stuff we have today old-time drag racers if the track got slick midafternoon they would start pulling thiming out of the car to get it to stick it mid track. I found this trick can be very handy on nasty roads and even in the rain if you check out this video on YouTube watch closely and you can see my finger on the button nitrous off but retarding the timing if you watch close you can see I'm not just peddling the car to keep it rehooking to the ground. So you can see the button on my shifter not only adds 250 hp but it subtracts about 75 pounds of torque [www.youtube.com] my advice to anybody building a car even if you don't think you need it now. Spend a couple extra bucks an upgrade from a plane six box to a digital 6+ with high-speed retard built right in. The retard box that I run is an old $20 craigslist box it was a little undependable this year so I am upgrading to a MSD digital six or seven box. If you check out this other videos on YouTube you can see the difference in torque in just retarding the timing [www.youtube.com] in the first video be sure to notice how wet the pavement is this car is running ( slicks ) signed the street is my Dino British automotive design

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2013 09:03PM by tomsbad6.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.