st. charles
(215 posts)

01/28/2008 10:53AM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Rdst V8 project, 1968 MGC GT, 1969 MGB Rd olds 215

Buick 300 harmonic balancer
Posted by: crashbash
Date: June 03, 2013 05:58PM

I thought I had seen pictures of BOP harmonic balancers to identify them with in here at one time but could not turn it up on search.
Does anyone know where to find pictures? Has anyone internally balanced 300 stoked +0030 215?
I want to make sure I send of the right one to Damper dudes rather than paying ATIs price.
thanks dave bash

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Re: Buick 300 harmonic balancer
Posted by: roverman
Date: June 05, 2013 11:07AM

David, What do you intend to accomplish, with internal balancing ? If your racing-good idea. If not-costly and IMHO, not needed. 300 cranks are pretty sturdy,(if using 2.5" mains). Mallory Metal/etc. is available on ebay for good prices. Good Luck, roverman.

crashbash
david bash
st. charles
(215 posts)

01/28/2008 10:53AM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Rdst V8 project, 1968 MGC GT, 1969 MGB Rd olds 215

Re: Buick 300 harmonic balancer
Posted by: crashbash
Date: June 05, 2013 12:05PM

Well Art I'm still trying to get my engine built using this 300 crank, forged rods and pistons that had originally been planned to go into an aircraft, There has been some metal added to and evidence of work already being done to this crank, it may have already been balanced. We don't have complete enough history on these parts to know this, besides I'm going with an aluminum flywheel that I'm sure was not in the plan for the aircraft engine. So I need to have all the parts together before I take it to the engine builder. Hence the harmonic balancer question. I've got three balancers sitting around and I am pretty sure which is the correct one but I am going to send it to Damper Dudes for a rebuild and want to make sure it is the correct one. Help on the id if possible. ATI balancers pretty expensive. Any other options suggestions appreciated. Custom roller cam has been the main delay in this build. bash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.