Michigan
(129 posts)

12/16/2012 03:16PM

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

nx Gemini nitrous
Posted by: tomsbad6
Date: June 16, 2013 08:58AM

Hello it's me here getting ready for the new dragstrip to open on Fourth of July weekend. Had some problems last year with 250 and 300 nitrous shots they did not seem to spray the motor evenly. So I bought a new nitrous express Gemini perimeter plate it came with all the jets right up to 500 hp this thing works really well nothing like the old spray bar. This thing hits like a sledgehammer and it pulls just as smooth as a baby's butt I have not tried the 400 and 500 shot yet I am positive the car can take it I'm just worried about ripping the front main Off the block the good news is if that happens I get to build it bigger and better this Gemini plate sprays so evenly even on a ford it's unbelievable I also have brand-new slicks all mounted ready to go I figure I'll do my pulmonary testing on the old tires signed pure adrenaline

nx 003.JPG
nx 004.JPG
nz 002.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2013 10:25AM by tomsbad6.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: nx Gemini nitrous
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: June 17, 2013 11:17AM

I take it you are not concerned about splitting the block?

Jim

tomsbad6
Tom Ahlstrom
Michigan
(129 posts)

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Date: June 17, 2013 03:25PM

If the block let's go it will be the webbing underneath the main caps if it breaks it will be the front main That comes off the late-model Ford roller blocks that is the weak link this motor doesn't go me anything I have beat it to death and it has ran flawlessly for four years it could blow a head gasket my heads are not 0 ringed a lot of Mustang guys spray these blocks more than 500 HP they also go through the motor every year. The nice thing about nitrous is you only use what you need the problem is it's an addiction you always want more. 90% of all the nitrous explosions you see at the drag strip are caused by people who do not know how to tune a motor without nitrous let alone with nitrous I've been playing with this stuff for over 15 years this motor it inhales a 300 shot and does not even burp I have not found the limit yet if I do you can buy a good dart sportsman block four bolt main basically indestructible for about $1400. I have a customer with the TR six I built 11 years ago that I'm converting to Ford V-8 this winter he said he wants to buy my motor for the conversion if there's anything left of it so I'm probably going bigger and better next year either way

signed completely crazy but not stupid

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6470 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: June 18, 2013 10:40AM

Do you run a block girdle Tom? I'm assuming those are available.

Jim

tomsbad6
Tom Ahlstrom
Michigan
(129 posts)

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Date: June 18, 2013 08:05PM

Yeah I run a girdle on the block and it is supposed to be a good one it came from Holcombe motorsports much heavier than other ones I looked at the weak link on small block Ford is still the front main Ford's crankshafts stick the balancer out too far it puts a lot of load vibration load on the front main when small block Ford's break the crank they always break it right underneath the timing gear my ford advisors. Also known as guys that had been there and done that say the best thing you can do for that motor is a liquid harmonic balancer so that is what I run the bottom end of my motor is all the best parts I could find. I'm not too worried about it either way if it breaks it breaks if it stays together that's wonderful I'm getting an ongoing education either way

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6470 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: June 19, 2013 02:16PM

Good to know. I fitted a fluid damper to my 340 Buick, though I'm not shooting for the power levels you are.

Jim

tomsbad6
Tom Ahlstrom
Michigan
(129 posts)

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Date: June 27, 2013 01:58PM

Phone, hello it's me again I've been out testing this nitrous express plate is absolutely unbelievable I've had some tune work to do with fuel pressure plug temperature timing a few other things my Ford friends are telling me with the horsepower I already have without nitrous anything over 150 shot is going to kill it the car is so fast even with 100 150 or 200 shot I don't think I need to spray anymore I did test it spraying 400 I do not have enough exhaust lobe in the cam for the 400 shot it ran very rough from 4500 RPMs up to about 5800 it was okay from 6000 RPMs to 7500 that means I don't have enough camshaft for a shot that size I don't think I'm worried about it. With just the 150 shot it's going through second and third gear so fast shifting it is like one continuous motion thank GOD literally that it's still going straight the car seems to like the 150 shot the best I'm still on my old slicks they are starting to chunk pretty bad but the 150 shot plants the back end of the car so hard I seem to have less spin spraying than not second third and fourth gear I'm going to put the new slicks on this weekend and will keep tuning from their

signed British racing green you got a love it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.