(129 posts)

12/16/2012 03:16PM

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

how strong is a R200
Posted by: tomsbad6
Date: March 15, 2014 02:44PM

[www.youtube.com]

This car is unbelievable probably one of the fastest daily derivable cars in the world in watching the video with the breakdown of the axles notice they are standard upgraded Nissan S 13 platform R 200 Parts Notice the inner CV joints are the driveshaft shop Porsche inners that fit in there R200 adapters

Every time I see This video I think that engine transmission and IRS would be a great project for a tr250

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: how strong is a R200
Posted by: rficalora
Date: March 15, 2014 08:31PM

That is pretty amazing. The R200 is 200mm I think. That's 7.87" so I've actually been a bit concerned about it being a little small... If it can hold up to that, I'm not concerned any more! Now, if I could only get enough traction to take advantage of it.

DiDueColpi
Fred Key
West coast - Canada
(1365 posts)

05/14/2010 03:06AM

Main British Car:
I really thought that I'd be an action figure by now!

authors avatar
Posted by: DiDueColpi
Date: March 17, 2014 01:09PM

No matter how you look at it that's impressive.
But remember that that's an all wheel drive car.
So each diffy is sharing the torque load.
Not that it matters as they are splitting a billion horsepower.
All hail the mighty"B" cam.

tomsbad6
Tom Ahlstrom
Michigan
(129 posts)

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Date: March 17, 2014 07:19PM

Hello there video shows a lot of different parts that that company makes many of them are four-wheel-drive that particular GTR you can see clearly when it launches it is 2 wheel drive no human alive could possibly drive that car turning over the front tires the one camera shot down the side of the car shows the front tires just dancing always down the dragstrip that GTR is 2 wheel drive And that thing is impressive To say the least

tomsbad6
Tom Ahlstrom
Michigan
(129 posts)

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Date: March 17, 2014 07:27PM

[www.youtube.com] ^Here is video of the car pulling the front tires clearly not spinning I enjoy this video because the car is IRS and its first movement is straight down transferring weight and then taking off this guy has clearly overcome all the battles that I face With my car at the drag strip

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4513 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: March 17, 2014 08:24PM

Are you sure that is a stock rearend, or has it been beefed up to handle the abuse?

tomsbad6
Tom Ahlstrom
Michigan
(129 posts)

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Date: March 17, 2014 09:08PM

It's hard to say what's inside the diff the one quick shot underneath the car you can see the cooling fins on the diff it is a R200 he is either running the Nissan helical carrier like I put in my car or he could be running an aftermarket locker either way it is definitely what Nissan calls the S 13 or R 200 diff Axel and hub set up it has a clear picture of the hubs and they are definitely S 13 R 200 the R230 hubs are much larger I have a set of those under my workbench the helical carrier that I bought out of Japan was only available in the Nissan 370z nismo and the skyline GTR I had to buy it with the axle stubs for they are larger than the viscous axles they have two more splines The R200 6Bolt flange axle stubs are also the larger size but they are a different length for the viscous versus the helical

Anyway you look at it Our little British cars Will never make that kind horsepower and the never way 3800 pounds I think it's safe to say the are 200 can take anything the little British car conversions can throw at it

When I purchased axels last year from the driveshaft shop they told me they had special outer CV joints that they had designed special for somebody building GTR's with R200s s13 hubs the guy at the driveshaft shop told me I probably did not want to know the price at least I know now who the guy was talking about he told me his M 300 croMolly Porsche inner CVs would not break after seeing that video I believe him I found it very interesting the custom shafts in that video run Porsche inner CVs on both ends very cool idea to get away from the stock Nissan outer CV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.