Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Richard/SIA
Richard Brengman
No. Nevada
(399 posts)

01/17/2014 07:47PM

Main British Car:
1969 Triumph GT6+ 225" Buick V6

Weber IR conversion of Buick V6 single plane 4V?
Posted by: Richard/SIA
Date: March 16, 2015 10:57PM

With proper Weber manifolds for the Buick V6 being impossible to buy I'm museing over the idea of making a triple IDF manifold from a 4V single plane intake.

Need to find some IDF dimensions and figure out how I would adjust the center carb.

Mill off the top, add some partitions, should be possible.

Anyone done similar?

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Re: Weber IR conversion of Buick V6 single plane 4V?
Posted by: roverman
Date: March 17, 2015 07:38PM

Of course, in the "way cool" category would be Porsche 3bbl Webbers or Zeniths. Production V6 or Stage II ? 3 IDF's on a plenum manifold, will be too much. What dimensions ? roverman.

ghornbostel
Greg Hornbostel
Nebraska
(76 posts)

09/02/2013 01:41PM

Main British Car:
1957 TR3 Buick 231 evenfire V6

Re: Weber IR conversion of Buick V6 single plane 4V?
Posted by: ghornbostel
Date: March 19, 2015 10:59AM

I'm with Mr. Gertz. Even with the 3c IDAs space is at a premium. The middle choke of the left hand carb is just about impossible to adjust because it is so close to the right hand carb. Using 2c IDFs might have even worse consequences as Jim Inglese probably found out and used the 3c IDAs. One other thing is, I have the 40mm IDAs with the bushing throttle shafts. The 48mm racing 3c IDAs are cost prohibitive but you can buy 3 sizes of 3c IDAs from PMO all with ball bearing throttle shafts for about the cost of a used 40mm carb. I was considering this same project when the Inglese manifold showed up on e-bay. Much the same plan of using a 2c cast iron manifold and tig braze exhaust dounuts and fabed IDA flanges to what would be the manifold/cylinder head surface machiiniing all the factory runners out but leaving the water manifold and lifter cover. Doable and perhaps when you get far enough along a Inglese manifold will show up on e-bay lol.
G Hornbostel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.