Monroeville
(28 posts)

08/11/2012 05:20PM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB GM 2.8 V6

Tuning help
Posted by: NAS1966
Date: March 29, 2015 03:51PM

I am a total novice to this whole electronic engine management stuff, and am trying to get educated by everything I can find on the net. My project is a total restoration of a '73 MGB. I am pitching the 1800 cc and replacing it with a GM 2.8 V6 out of a S10 truck as well as installing a BW 5 speed. I am also converting the TBI injection to a MPFI out of a Ponitac Firebird. I saved as many parts as I could and have all the wiring harnesses and ECM's out of those cars.For the MGB I want to use a 1227727 ECM preferably with sequential injection function. I am also looking to do the re-programming myself with one of several programmers on the market. Further I thought I would want to use an EEprom ( AT28C256) instead of the standard 27C256 chip? Can anyone advise which is the best reader /programmer for this project?

Additionally, I am looking for a tool to remove and reinstall the individual wires of the plugs going into the 1227727 ECM would anyone know where I could get that? ( see pic )
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.