Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

DiDueColpi
Fred Key
West coast - Canada
(1365 posts)

05/14/2010 03:06AM

Main British Car:
I really thought that I'd be an action figure by now!

authors avatar
Megasquirt for LS
Posted by: DiDueColpi
Date: October 26, 2016 01:07AM

Just got notification that DIYautotune has a new full engine harness for the LS engines.
[diyautotune.us11.list-manage1.com]
And it mates up with the trans module via CAN communication.
Looks like a very nice setup.
As always no affiliation, just cool stuff.

Cheers
Fred

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: Megasquirt for LS
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: October 26, 2016 11:33AM

I'm still struggling with my MegaShift controller, nothing like being out on the bloody bleeding edge of new development. Also CAN linked to the MS controller, but with an 8 speed automatic I'm really pushing the limits of what a transmission controller can do. I'm pretty curious what they are going to do about the new GM/Ford joint development of a 10 speed. Currently I'm running in 3rd gear limp mode only. Development takes time.

Jim

Scott68B
Scott Costanzo
Columbus, Ohio
(561 posts)

10/25/2007 11:30AM

Main British Car:
1968 MGB GM 5.3 LS4 V8

authors avatar
Posted by: Scott68B
Date: October 26, 2016 09:09PM

That is cool stuff! Thanks for sharing Fred.

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: tr8todd
Date: November 11, 2016 06:30AM

Pardon me for hijacking this thread with a related option. I am in the process of installing a LS3 into my TR8 coupe. I considered using megasquirt, but most of the locals said just use the stock GM system and tune it with HP tuners. That was my plan until I was directed to this entire system from FiTech. After crunching the numbers on what it would cost to set up the stock system, fuel it, and then attempt to program it and dial it in with the power adders, this FiTech self learning system looks like a fairly cost effective option. Plus it looks great and can handle up to 30 pounds of boost with no mods. Add in the fuel command center I also have posted, and the fact that I can sell off the stock LS3 intake for an easy $500, this is looking more and more like the way I am going to go. I also like the way the throttle body points downward in the front which should help immensely with clearing the slopping downward hood. Here are the links to the products at Summit and a pic of the LS3 in the car. And one other thing. It runs the throttle body with a cable. No need to figure out how I'm going to mount a Camaro gas pedal in a TR7. How much time is that going to save me?
[www.summitracing.com]
[www.summitracing.com]
DSC04275.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2016 06:34AM by tr8todd.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: November 11, 2016 08:55AM

Calvin went with the GM ECU on his LS1 tuned with HPTuners. He did a tech session on it at the Omaha V8 Meet in 2013. He made it sound semi-elementary to me & I'm a just a carb guy. :)

[www.britishv8.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.