M Rosenberg

(2 posts)

07/21/2020 05:57PM

Main British Car:

1995 NAS Rover 3.9L EFI upper plenum to ram housing intake question please
Posted by: aquamanaquaman
Date: July 21, 2020 06:09PM

Hello all,

I am hoping someone more experienced with this Land Rover Defender 90 intake can help please?

I am reassembling my Rover 3.9 and hear many different opinions regarding "gasket" material for various intake assemblies. The factory manual has no information whatsoever:

1. Regarding the mating of the upper plenum to the ram housing, should that be a thin layer of hylomar or a thin layer of black RTV before torquing?

2. And how about the mating of the ram housing to the intake manifold, same question please. Should that be a thin layer of hylomar or a thin layer of black RTV before torquing?

Lastly, connecting the fuel rail to the system's return fuel line, my rail just has a short "nipple" like (unthreaded) fitting. How does this connect please? The other end of the rail easily connects to the pressure regulator via pipe fitting threads).

Thank you very much!

minorv8
Jukka Harkola

(269 posts)

04/08/2009 06:50AM

Main British Car:
Morris Minor Rover V8

Re: 1995 NAS Rover 3.9L EFI upper plenum to ram housing intake question please
Posted by: minorv8
Date: July 22, 2020 12:59AM

Q1 and 2: I have used Hylomar on these surfaces.
Q3: my fuel line had a threaded connector for feed line, then Bosch style regulator on the othdr end of rail ( fastened with bolts). A short hose connects to the regulator and a steel line to that hose. Inlet and outlet sit next to each other above cylinder #8. On my outlet line there is a nipple, like on a brake line. As for inlet, the matching connector is part of fuel line from tank. AFAIK. I simply cut the rail and TIG welded an AN 6 fitting there.

aquamanaquaman
M Rosenberg

(2 posts)

07/21/2020 05:57PM

Main British Car:

Re: 1995 NAS Rover 3.9L EFI upper plenum to ram housing intake question please
Posted by: aquamanaquaman
Date: July 22, 2020 12:16PM

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.