Burnet, Texas
(4 posts)

09/16/2018 04:58PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB-GT Buick 3.5l

Purge control valve
Posted by: Steve315
Date: October 30, 2020 01:52PM

I nearing completion of my project car, a 1974 MGB-GT. I'm have put a Buick 3.5L engine in it and put a Rover 14CUX EFI on that engine. I have completely rewired the car. Near the end of the process of marrying the EFI's wiring to the MG basic wiring, I discovered two wires that go to the "purge control valve." I didn't even know what a purge control valve was until I did some web surfing. I don't have a purge control valve or the charcoal canister that goes with it. Do it need to come up with these things? What have others that put the 14CUX EFI on their engines done? Thanks in advance for your help.

mstemp
Mike Stemp
Calgary, Canada
(222 posts)

11/25/2009 07:18AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB Rover 4.6L

Re: Purge control valve
Posted by: mstemp
Date: November 01, 2020 01:11AM

Steve,

Easy to add a Land Rover canister and purge valve. Keeps the fumes down in your garage also. Lots of other cars can also supply the canister and could be mounted in engine bay or truck etc.I used the LR canister and mounted it next to my heater box.
You might also be able to turn off the purge cycle in a rover gauge modified eprom. Need a chip burner and eproms.

Steve315
Steve Brown
Burnet, Texas
(4 posts)

09/16/2018 04:58PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB-GT Buick 3.5l

Re: Purge control valve
Posted by: Steve315
Date: November 13, 2020 05:16PM

Mike, thanks for your reply. I may try to use the original MG charcoal canister. Still need to come up with the purge valve and run the lines.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.