Nick Rowland

(1 posts)

02/21/2009 12:10PM

Main British Car:

Rover 3.9l front cover
Posted by: sunwharf
Date: February 22, 2009 03:47AM

Hi Folks,

I live in the UK and am having real problems locating a part. My car uses a modified version of the 1992 Land Rover 3.9l EFI engine and needs a replacement front cover (oil pump/timing case). My engine is the last type prior to the introduction of the Serpentine engine. I know I could convert to Serpentine but really want to avoid that. I have trawled the dealer network and independents in the UK and there does not seem to be one in existence. I also contacted Landrover direct and they confirmed they have none themselves.

To get the car out on the road I have fitted a cover (3.5 pre SD1 I think) sold by the MG owners club which is much earlier and missing various lugs etc.

Does anyone know of late pre-serp covers being made anywhere in the USA please?

Cheers
Nick

EastCoastRoadster
Dave Brisco

(4 posts)

03/05/2009 12:21AM

Main British Car:

Re: Rover 3.9l front cover
Posted by: EastCoastRoadster
Date: March 05, 2009 12:22AM

I may have what you need. I'll PM

castlesid
Kevin Jackson
Sidcup UK
(361 posts)

11/18/2007 10:38AM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB GT Rover V8 4.35L

Re: Rover 3.9l front cover
Posted by: castlesid
Date: March 12, 2009 06:00AM

Nick,

I'm uk based and frequent the V8 Owners Forum, you will get very good advice and assistance from a great bunch of friendly and helpful guys.

What is actually wrong with the original front cover for the 3.9 I have one from a 93 pre serp engine in the garage somewhere.

Is this for a MGBV8 conversion? as this type of cover will not usually work for clearance reasons.Most UK people use the SD1 cover with a P6 water pump and P6 or modded SD1 crank pulley to put the engine in the standard MGBV8 position.

[www.v8forum.co.uk]

Kevin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.