Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

smelfi
Steve Melfi
Alexandria Ohio
(90 posts)

04/26/2008 07:35AM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB 302

authors avatar
Wanna know if those wheels and tires will fit?
Posted by: smelfi
Date: August 08, 2009 08:33AM

So while I was enjoying a breakfast of champions this morning, which consists of Winstons and the perfect blend of tepid iron/sulfur enriched well water accented with instant coffee, I was poking around on the internet looking for 4 X 4.5 wheels and came across this site.
If you're considering a particular tire/wheel combination you can go to this site, plug in the tire/wheel combination specifics, and you'll get a diagram of the tire/wheel combination with dimensions. You'll still need to do a little math to determine how far the sidewall will extend from the wheel mounting surface.

(When entering wheel ET (offset) it's in millimeters. Convert inches to millimeters by multiplying inches times 25.4)

[www.rims-n-tires.com]

If the link does not open at the size comparer page, go to their home page and select "size comparer" at the very lower right corner.

Steve

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Wanna know if those wheels and tires will fit?
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: August 08, 2009 10:07AM

Cool web site - some handy information there!

smelfi
Steve Melfi
Alexandria Ohio
(90 posts)

04/26/2008 07:35AM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB 302

authors avatar
Re: Wanna know if those wheels and tires will fit?
Posted by: smelfi
Date: August 08, 2009 10:22AM

Another feature of the site............If you're considering OEM wheels from a car with 4 lugs you can enter the year, make and model and it will give the OEM wheel specs (just under where you enter the car info) and a dimensional drawing of the wheel. For instance I plugged in an 85 Mazda RX7 and found out it has 4 X 4.5 lugs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.