Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

elchucotown89
matt osborn

(7 posts)

03/21/2008 10:35PM

Main British Car:

ted lathrop @ fastcarsinc.com
Posted by: elchucotown89
Date: April 10, 2008 01:02PM

i found what seems to be some really good parts for an mgb v8 conversion from ted lathrop at fastcarsinc.com. im just lookin for some reviews from some people who have either used and or heard about them. and i was also wondering if there is anyone else out there who makes custom parts for mgb's.

V6 Midget
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: ted lathrop @ fastcarsinc.com
Posted by: V6 Midget
Date: April 10, 2008 02:00PM

Matt, as I said on the MG Experience site, this is where you should check for suppliers of parts for modified British Cars. Click on the "contact" tab at the top of the page and then select the Vendor Directory for the list of some of the best companies dealing with parts for high performance MGs or other British marques. This is a pretty small community and anyone who doesn't come through with quality parts and service soon is identified. I've not heard anything bad about any of the advertisers on this site. (No, I'm not including myself, Service Garage is just my home shop and I don't make or sell any service or product.)
Ted and his products have been highly recommended in every post I've ever read concerning him or his business.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 11, 2008 01:51AM

+1 ---- All of our "British V8" sponsors are great! I recommend they be considered "preferred suppliers" by anyone interested in supporting our community and specifically in supporting the free British V8 online magazine and message boards. I think it says something about their character that they volunteer "to give something back" to keep these things going and growing.

Although I don't personally own one of Ted's suspensions, I've had the opportunity to drive several of them. I tried to describe them pretty carefully here:
(Front Suspension)
(Rear Suspension)

Ted's work can also be seen in photos on these pages of the British V8 site:
(Don Allen's car)
(Don Coleman's car)
(Terry Schulte's car)
(Bruce Wyckoff's car)
(Ted's own car)
and on many other pages!

74ls1tr6
Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove,CA
(1151 posts)

11/10/2007 10:05AM

Main British Car:
74 TR6 / 71 MGB GT TR6/Ls1 71 MGB GT/Ls1

authors avatar
Posted by: 74ls1tr6
Date: April 11, 2008 09:50AM

I was able to ride and drive Robert Milners 67 MGB GT with fastcarsinc front suspension. His ride was superb , an awesome handeling car. Knowing how british cars handle stock, (pretty good for the most part) I was totally surprised in how smooth going through fast hard cornering S turns.

Robert drove into a set of S turns I thought for sure we were going to spin out...his car went through the corners with little effort. If I had a MG of some sort in my opinion fastcarsinc front suspension would be a no brainer for me to have.

Roberts MGB GT
[www.britishv8.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.