Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

johnny wells
johnny wells
fairfax, virginia
(17 posts)

08/15/2008 08:56AM

Main British Car:
76 BV8 Rover 4.2

authors avatar
Dual Master Cylinders
Posted by: johnny wells
Date: February 05, 2009 08:31PM

All,

I'm reworking my brake system along the lines of Les Gonda and Michel Wirtz's systems with dual master cylinders. I think Rob Ficalora was considering this approach.

Using the Tilton 6:1 pedal box, part # 72-606, (will run with no boosters), what are the recommended cylinder bore sizes for the front and rear brakes (discs all around)?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Dual Master Cylinders
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 05, 2009 08:52PM

So many variables!

I worked on a new "How It Was Done" article for someone today who has installed a Wilwood three-pedal assembly with 6.2:1 ratio, and I know he selected 3/4" diameter cylinders for all three spots. He has Wilwood front calipers (I'm not sure which ones yet) and vented rotors. On the back he has Ford 11" drum brakes on a Ford 8" axle (I don't know yet what cylinder bore yet). His MGB GT V8 is set up for SVRA racing, pretty similar to Les's. I don't expect to have real specific further details on it though for another ten or eleven days. The specs might even change after the racing season starts. (And even after that I probably won't post the article until the rest of the new edition is ready to announce - because this particular racecar is really jaw-droppingly spectacular.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.