Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

67 Tiger
Frank Mandell

(4 posts)

06/05/2009 08:16AM

Main British Car:

Which brakes?
Posted by: 67 Tiger
Date: July 20, 2009 06:26PM

So, I'm going to upgrade the brakes on my Tiger. I have seen some upgrades for other English cars, I figure a Tiger should be the same as any other old English Auto. I've read about Toyota 4x4, Volvo 240's and some from a Rover, I would like to stay with Girling, but the conversion that is the simplist will win. I know there are Wilwood, and other hi-tech, hi dollar conversions out there, but Im looking for a more modest set-up. Does anybody have experence with the Toyotas, or Volvo's calipers?

Thaikick
Brian Campbell

(1 posts)

09/03/2009 12:42AM

Main British Car:

Re: Which brakes?
Posted by: Thaikick
Date: September 03, 2009 12:53AM

I know the volvo are 4 piston and will require some work as they have 2 hydraulic lines, but they are relatively cheap to get from a junk yard(if you can find them). just fabricating a bracket may be your challenge. I have been considering volvo brakes on my alpine to tiger conversion, but have not reached that stage of the project yet. good luck

fasttiger
Jerry Porsch
Las Cruces, New Mexico
(78 posts)

10/23/2007 08:40AM

Main British Car:
1966 Sunbeam Ford 380 ci with twin turbo's

Re: Which brakes?
Posted by: fasttiger
Date: September 25, 2009 01:47PM

I went with Areo Space on the front of my Tiger took some work, but I was lucky i had the use of my sponsers machine shop to bore out the hubs to fit the bearings and also I had to make my own brackets. They work great, but took some work to get them on.
I also did the rear with disk that come from a must. but then again took some machining and had to make my own brackets.
I don't know of any just simple ways to redo brakes on a Tiger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.