Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

MGB-FV8
Jacques Mathieu
Alexandria, VA
(299 posts)

09/11/2009 08:55PM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB Small Block Ford, 331 Stroker

Guzman ball joint set up??????
Posted by: MGB-FV8
Date: October 28, 2012 10:55PM

Hi, has anyone purchased yet one of Bill Guzman's F/E ball joint and coil-over set up? I'm dying to hear some feedback on it; by what I can see on his website, he's done a great job.......

DC Townsend
David Townsend
Vermont
(406 posts)

11/21/2007 12:22PM

Main British Car:
'78 B (almost done) 30-over SBF, dry sump

authors avatar
Re: Guzman ball joint set up??????
Posted by: DC Townsend
Date: November 05, 2012 01:54PM

I can't speak to his new suspension set up but I've purchased a couple of things from Bill and they were both superbly engineered and beautifully finished. If I were in the market for a new set up and Bill's front suspension kit is the same as the rest of the parts i received, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and install.

MGB-FV8
Jacques Mathieu
Alexandria, VA
(299 posts)

09/11/2009 08:55PM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB Small Block Ford, 331 Stroker

Posted by: MGB-FV8
Date: November 10, 2012 01:58PM

Bill has always been conscientious with his products meeting DOT approval; at least, since last that I've spoken with him, he was trying to get it certified for road use. That could make it a lot easier to deal with the insurance company if someone is ever involved in a serious accident. Then again, modifying these little cars bring a lot of attention at your local state safety inspection; it has been my fear since I started on my conversion and being a resident in the state of Virginia.

nobogez07
Doug Brown
Webster, South Dakota
(58 posts)

12/11/2012 05:38PM

Main British Car:
1971 Mk II MGB coupe 1992 302 Ford H.O. EFI

Posted by: nobogez07
Date: December 16, 2012 03:22PM

I purchased both the front end assembly and a 4 point rear end from Bill. I've view the construction and geometry of the unit and it's superbly made and designed!! I'll be doing my own powdercoating of the assemblies.

He's built the front end to accomodate Ford 5.0 L motor mounts and the MG steering rack - WELL DONE!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.