Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Shock external adjusters
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: April 09, 2018 10:49AM

Does anyone have actual experience with WW's external adjustable Armstrong shocks and want to share their impressions with us?

I'm planning a purchase but I'm thinking, as always, about something a little different. I'm pretty sure I want the external adjustment feature so first off, just how well does it work and were you satisfied with it?

It is a single circuit adjuster I noticed. That means it basically bypasses the built-in shock valve, so what do they do about that? Plug the hole? Use stiffer springs in the valve? Or what?

If there is no separate circuit for jounce and rebound, would there be any advantage to adding one? Check balls could separate the two circuits. I understand from emails with Peter that racing rules don't allow this but since my car would never qualify anyway I don't see that as a problem. He wasn't interested in a two way valve body but I don't see why two external circuits couldn't be added.

What do you guys think?

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.