Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

ghornbostel
Greg Hornbostel
Nebraska
(76 posts)

09/02/2013 01:41PM

Main British Car:
1957 TR3 Buick 231 evenfire V6

Re: Ackerman settings on TR3
Posted by: ghornbostel
Date: November 08, 2018 12:48AM

As you can see from the bottom photo the inner and outer tie rod piviot points fall on a line between the upper and lower A arm piviot points. You can achieve this on the outer point with the stock drag link but not with the inners.

tbo
Tim Body
St Thomas Ontario
(221 posts)

01/27/2013 06:47PM

Main British Car:
1954 Triumph TR2 stock 2 litre

Posted by: tbo
Date: November 13, 2018 07:29PM

Greg . Thanks for the explanation. When I figure that out and understand it I will let you know . I get the drift but I wouldn't write an essay on it.LOL Tim

ghornbostel
Greg Hornbostel
Nebraska
(76 posts)

09/02/2013 01:41PM

Main British Car:
1957 TR3 Buick 231 evenfire V6

Posted by: ghornbostel
Date: November 18, 2018 11:12AM

Tim, to begin with I replaced the drag link with a adjustable link with heim ends. That enabled me to change the inner tie rod pivot point position. Ended up with drag link on bottom and tie rod on top of stock arms with spacers under heim ends to eliminate bump steer. Not liking the stress of the drag link and tie rod on the same bolt I fabricated the arms in the photos. Thinking this over now it would probably be possible to fabricate the arms to use stock tie rod ends for a more stock appearance. It is what it is for now.
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.