Steering, Suspension, & Brakes

tips, technology, tools and techniques related to non-driveline mechanical components

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Racetech Steering Wheel - Made in U.K.
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 12, 2009 11:47AM

I thought you guys might enjoy seeing these snapshots of two Christmas presents I finally installed yesterday.

My bride, Lisa, gave me this Racetech 13" suede steering wheel (pn: RTSW3BS. Thanks Lisa!!!)

SteeringWheel-A.jpg

I like this quote from the Racetech website: "The Racetech Design range of steering wheels are the lightest steering wheels available on the market." Every ounce counts! Actually, I think its even cooler that these wheels are made in England.

SteeringWheel-B.jpg

The steering wheel hub is from Allstar Performance (pn: ALL52302. Thanks Ted!!!) The steering column is homemade. Don't try this at home. A collapsible steering column would be safer! It's made from a 1" OD x 1/8" seamless tube running in two Garlock DU flanged bushings that are simply pressed into the two ends of a 1.25" mild steel tube. Many race cars mount the steering column on Heim joints... but I came up with this design so that I could easily mount a turn signal switch and tachometer (etc.) right to the column. The turn signal switch, incidentally, is vintage Microswitch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.