Bodywork, Paint, Interior, Trim, & Wiring

discussions about bodywork, paint, interiors, trim, audio, electrical components, wiring, etc.

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

tbo
Tim Body
St Thomas Ontario
(221 posts)

01/27/2013 06:47PM

Main British Car:
1954 Triumph TR2 stock 2 litre

TR6 paint
Posted by: tbo
Date: July 01, 2013 07:45AM

Has anybody got a paint code for 1975 76 British Racing Green? I'm trying to touch up a TR6 and my guy at Napa has the old books but no code for it. Rover BRG etc but none for TR6. Have 66 TR4A color but is same as Rover Which is not black enough Thanks Tim

tomsbad6
Tom Ahlstrom
Michigan
(129 posts)

12/16/2012 03:16PM

Main British Car:
Triumph TR-6 347 Ford

Re: TR6 paint
Posted by: tomsbad6
Date: July 01, 2013 05:07PM

Hello, Tom Ahlstrom the only paint that is really British racing green is 74 five and six triumph I've tried six or seven base coat clear coats and they never come out the right shade I spray the cars if there British racing green with DuPont Centauri enamel and then clear over it and it comes out perfect exact color British racing green. If anybody ever finds a base coat clear coat mix that comes out the right color please call me Centauri enamel is not going to be around much longer
brg 002.JPG if you contact Rimmer brothers in England they can give you exact paint codes for triumphs I believe there codes were in RM paint which convert easily to DuPont numbers the rover number in the picture is the number that Rimmer brothers gave me years ago the underside label on the can says triumph Jaguar and Rover

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2013 05:15PM by tomsbad6.

tbo
Tim Body
St Thomas Ontario
(221 posts)

01/27/2013 06:47PM

Main British Car:
1954 Triumph TR2 stock 2 litre

Re: TR6 paint
Posted by: tbo
Date: July 02, 2013 08:56PM

Hey Tom thanks for responding. I just posted a note about your misfourtunate accident. I was back again at the paint shop and got the same number43912 to work with. The TR6 we are touching up is a little darker in color so we will add some black to it to get as close as possibble to what is on the car. Were using a Nason one step acrylic enamel . Hopefully all will be well! Tim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.