Bodywork, Paint, Interior, Trim, & Wiring

discussions about bodywork, paint, interiors, trim, audio, electrical components, wiring, etc.

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

JWD
Jim Durham
Gig Harbor, Wa.
(98 posts)

01/22/2013 11:43AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB Ford 302 (398.9 HP, 383.2 TQ)

How To: Install an MGB Roadster Windshield
Posted by: JWD
Date: June 30, 2017 10:14AM

Here ya go Jim - My process involves removing the tin covers in the door jambs that covers the back side of where the windshield bolts on. Once the covers are removed, you can easily use a large screwdriver to align the lower hole in the windshield frame. Once in position, use a "C" clamp to hold it, remove the screwdriver and install the bolt. Then do the other side. Now start the 2 center bolts and using a flat paint stick under the windshield frame and push/uncurl the seal. Now go back and using the screwdriver, line up the top hole and use the "C" clamp again to hold its position, then install the bolt. Do the same on the other side and then tighten everything up. A couple 1/8" rivets, actually 4 on each side if remember correctly, and you're done. I hope this makes sense.
It took me a while to figure out how MG must have done it but with 2 experienced people doing it all day long, it should only take a few minutes to install one.
025-1.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2017 10:21PM by Moderator.

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(778 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT

authors avatar
Re: Lets Talk More About Windshields
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: June 30, 2017 11:43AM

Hallelujah! Always wondered what was behind that Panel and if there was easy assess to the W/S holes, thanks for tip.

kerbau53
Geoff Morton
Naples, FL
(108 posts)

08/09/2010 10:27PM

Main British Car:
78 MGB Ford 5L

Re: How To: Install an MGB Roadster Windshield
Posted by: kerbau53
Date: July 01, 2017 11:43PM

Jim,

Thx for the info!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.