Bodywork, Paint, Interior, Trim, & Wiring

discussions about bodywork, paint, interiors, trim, audio, electrical components, wiring, etc.

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Electrical connectors
Posted by: rficalora
Date: September 30, 2018 10:59AM

Anyone have a good source for electrical connectors? I want some that would be suitable for behind the dash but rated for 20A per pin. Most of the wires are smaller, but there are a couple on 20A circuits.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6469 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: September 30, 2018 12:24PM

Rob, check Del City for Deutsch connectors. They have an assortment pack they sell for about $100 that is handy. Goes from 2-pin up and can be refilled. They may make a 1 pin but I'm not sure.

Jim

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: October 03, 2018 12:58AM

Waytek offers a wide range of products and good service: [www.waytekwire.com]

I used Deutsch connectors behind the dashboard when I first built up my MGB V8. They were free samples I got through my work. And they worked okay, but not perfectly. I eliminated them when I installed EFI and a better fuseblock.

FWIW, I have a very strong preference for Delphi (mainly "Metri-Pack" series) products in nearly all applications. Metri-Pack was developed by General Motors' Packard Electric Division before it was spun-off and renamed Delphi. You'll still find them used on General Motors products. They've also been the most frequently used connectors on all makes of North American heavy duty trucks since the mid 1990s. John Deere too, I think. One big advantage of Metri-Pack connectors is you can get them dirt cheap at the junkyard in countless shapes and configurations. Sometimes they turn up cheap on eBay.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6469 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: October 03, 2018 10:37AM

Curtis, what was your complaint with Deutsch if I might ask? My thought was that the engagement distance seemed a bit short but otherwise I thought they were pretty good.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.