Bodywork, Paint, Interior, Trim, & Wiring

discussions about bodywork, paint, interiors, trim, audio, electrical components, wiring, etc.

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

1MGBV8
Paul Waters

(13 posts)

10/24/2007 03:12PM

Main British Car:

Mounting a Sebring Valance
Posted by: 1MGBV8
Date: November 28, 2007 11:46PM

I'm in the process of mounting a rear Sebring valance on my 75 B. I purchased it from Moss and the panel looks great however it came without any mounting hardware or instructions on how to do it.
I have some ideas on how to go about it but was noticing that several cars on this site have these on. I was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers on the best way to do this. Trial and error can be a real time drain. Love the site .

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Mounting a Sebring Valance
Posted by: rficalora
Date: November 29, 2007 08:23AM

I'm getting ready to do the same. Got the valance through Bill Guzman (who's also a Moss distributor) & will be starting to fit it in the near future. Have a little info from another member on how he did it, but am also interested to hear how others went about it.

1MGBV8
Paul Waters

(13 posts)

10/24/2007 03:12PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: 1MGBV8
Date: November 30, 2007 12:58AM

It looks like on morspeed performance's web site he has a diagram and description on how to mount his version. It is fairly complete and is along the lines of what I was thinking of doing.
I also was hoping to hear from some others who may have done this.

B-Fast B-Strong
William Smith

(144 posts)

10/17/2009 11:28PM

Main British Car:
Bugeye Bodied Spriget

authors avatar
Posted by: B-Fast B-Strong
Date: October 20, 2009 04:05AM

The morspeed web site, has all that nice glass styling pieces and said not taking any orders !!!!
I was told he could not make a full time living so he quit making them. Why not make them part time and make a little extra money? If he does not want to do it , find the right kid to teach how after school and make a little extra money. I know one thing , it is hard to make money in that type of business. Parts look first class and so does the web site.
Will

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 11:32PM by B-Fast B-Strong.

RSS
Rick Stevens

(2 posts)

01/20/2008 09:05PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: RSS
Date: October 31, 2009 01:52PM

Problem is, some folks don't have any "part time" left over. Life gets in the way. Not to mention the second job. You seem to be implying there's something lacking in Tim, for putting his family first. Don't do that.

danmas
Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee
(578 posts)

10/28/2007 12:11AM

Main British Car:
1974 MGBGT Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: danmas
Date: October 31, 2009 03:21PM

For some of us, our "part time" is more valuable than extra money. My thoughts are why work extra hours part time to make the money to buy things you won't have time to enjoy because you are so busy working extra hours part time to pay for them. Why not just kick back and enjoy what you've got?

mabie1978
Michelle Pierce
Elyria, OH
(111 posts)

08/25/2008 07:47PM

Main British Car:
1978 MGB 3.5 Rover V8

Posted by: mabie1978
Date: November 25, 2009 08:47AM

Tim is a stand up guy, very nice. Last time I talked with him they were waiting to sell their house and move to PA area. I haven't talked to him in a while so I'm not sure how he is doing but I know when we were at his place he walked us through the process and it was a time consuming one. I bought an MGC hood skin to use on my B from him and he was nice enough to give me everything needed to do the job along with some repair stuff for the set of fiberglass front fenders that I have for the car.

Dan B
Dan Blackwood
South Charleston, WV
(1007 posts)

11/06/2007 01:55PM

Main British Car:
1966 TR4A, 1980 TR7 Multiport EFI MegaSquirt on the TR4A. Lexus V8 pl

authors avatar
Posted by: Dan B
Date: November 25, 2009 09:29AM

From the TR7 forum:

"I'm not doing too much fiberglass at this time. I have few orders backed up and not much time to work it. bummer.

-Tim
[www.morSpeedPerformance.com]"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.