Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
new additions to British Race Car... two "adopted orphans"
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 05, 2010 02:56PM

I hope you guys enjoy these two articles. (Click on the links below.) I think they're a nice change of pace.

Ron Goldleaf's WRE Shadow Formula 5000 Racecar was built in California... but designed by an Englishman named John Wadsworth. It's the only one of its kind, you're not likely to find much information about this car anywhere else, and I figured it needed a good home. (19 photos)

Are these headers awesome or what!
http://www.britishracecar.com/RonGoldleaf-WRE-Shadow/RonGoldleaf-WRE-Shadow-CF.jpg

Mike Knittel's Chinook Mk12 Formula 5000 Racecar was built in Toronto... but its design could easily be mistaken for a Lotus 70 - it even has a bunch of Lotus components on it although the monocoque tub and and bodywork are different. It's the only one of its kind, you're not likely to find much information about this car anywhere else, and I figured it needed a good home. Besides, it will be really interesting to compare this car to a real Lotus 70 when we get an article put together on one of those... (31 photos)

Okay Ford fans, recognize these?
http://www.britishracecar.com/MikeKnittel-Chinook-Mk12/MikeKnittel-Chinook-Mk12-CC.jpg
(Dual Ford-Autolite inline four-barrel carburetors!)

Phillip G
Phillip Leonard
Kansas City
(395 posts)

02/03/2008 04:12PM

Main British Car:
1992 MG RV8 Rover 3.5

Re: new additions to British Race Car... two "adopted orphans"
Posted by: Phillip G
Date: January 21, 2010 08:52PM

Moderator,

Curtis,

Great stuff on the Tony Settember Formula 500 racer.

Have you a place to archive stuff like this - priceless !

very best regards,

Phillip G

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: new additions to British Race Car... two "adopted orphans"
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 21, 2010 09:24PM

Thanks Phillip!

You can always find the whole list of race car articles by scrolling to the top of this page and pointing your mouse at the "button" that says "Photo Galleries". When the pull-down menu magically appears, click on "BritishRaceCar.com". These two articles are listed at the bottom of the race car index.

I'm almost ready to add one more article there. If you like the Tony Settember car, you'll love this one:
McKee Mk12c Formula A / Formula 5000 race car.
Lots more articles are in the works. Some great cars. Tell all your racing friends!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.