Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

djw090
David Witham
Warwick UK
(115 posts)

06/12/2008 11:20AM

Main British Car:
MGB 1974 and MG ZT 160 turbo 2005

Warwick (Pearless) V8
Posted by: djw090
Date: September 21, 2010 12:31PM

I have just got back from the Circuit des Remparts in Angouleme, France. The was a car running in one of the races that I thought might be of interest.
warwick at angm10.jpg
It runs a Buick 215 V8 and has competed there a number of times in the past. When my son and I were walkings around the pits we found someone we know was in the pit crew for the car.

The Circuit des Remparts is run around a section of the old city walls. More details about the event at www.circuit-des-remparts.com

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Warwick (Pearless) V8
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: September 21, 2010 01:55PM

Now, there's something you don't see every day!
From the appearance, it seems to have a fibreglass body - I wonder which chassis it's based on?

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Warwick (Pearless) V8
Posted by: Moderator
Date: September 22, 2010 04:08AM

Quote:
From the appearance, it seems to have a fibreglass body - I wonder which chassis it's based on?

Warwick's are basically a continuation of the Peerless GT line. Some explanation of that lineage is included here:
Mark Rosenberg's Pearless GT

For the sake of comparison, here's a snapshot I took at Summit Point...
http://www.britishracecar.com/MarkRosenberg-Peerless-GT/MarkRosenberg-Peerless-GT-AB.jpg

I'd live to see photos of the Buick 215 engine installation! How well did it fit? What chassis changes (from Peerless's multi-tube frame, etc.) were required?

djw090
David Witham
Warwick UK
(115 posts)

06/12/2008 11:20AM

Main British Car:
MGB 1974 and MG ZT 160 turbo 2005

Re: Warwick (Peerless) V8
Posted by: djw090
Date: September 22, 2010 08:47AM

I will find out if the chap I know in the pit crew has any pictures of under the bonnet.

However, he did open the bonnet while we were there. The whole front hinges forwards like on a Triumph Spitfire or Herald where as a Peerless has a seperate bonnet.

The extra vent and raised bonnet line behind it is all to do with the air induction system. I don't know if that is a normal Warwick feature of a racing mod on this car. The car used 4 down draft twin choke delorto carbs and their trumpets come through the bottom of a large flat aluminium tray which is the bottom and sides of a plennum chamber. The bonnet skin forming the top.

I think most Warwicks continued with the Triumph engine as used in the Peerless. The following website has more info if you are interested.

www.peerless-gt.co.uk/frames.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.