Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Camping at Watkins Glen International, NY
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 24, 2011 10:02PM

If you're starting to think about going to Watkins Glen for this year's Vintage Grand Prix (Sept 9-11), good for you! It's a wonderful event in a spectacular place. You're certain to see amazing cars and to have fun.

"The Glen" is particularly well organized and professional, so I wasn't surprised to find detailed information about camping on their website. Here's a link to their "camping page": [www.theglen.com] If that's not enough to satisfy you, from their camping page you can download an additional 21 page "Guest Guide" in PDF format.

I don't have a lot more to add... but I thought I'd kick off a thread here in case it might generate some tips from other forum members.

Here's my one tip: the shower building at Gate 1 is exceptionally nice... and at least during the last two Vintage Grand Prix weekends, hot showers there were FREE. (The Guest Guide says showers cost $5.) You'll see a coin slot with a knob next to it within each private shower room. Don't bother putting coins in - just turn the knob! Then walk back and use turn on the water valve at the shower. I'm pretty sure the Glen folks deliberately set up the showers this way. Nice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.