Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Who's going to the Lime Rock Historic Festival, Sep 2-5 (Labor day wknd)
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 24, 2011 10:15PM

I've never been before, but I'm making late plans to go this year!

Will I see you there? Can you give me any tips? I've heard the quality of cars at Lime Rock is always outstanding.

Big bonus, this year the MG Vintage Racers (MGVR) have named Lime Rock their annual focus event, so about eighty top flight MG vintage racecars from all over North America will be participating and there will be an all-MG race on Saturday.

The schedule seems to be a little odd... As I read it, Sunday is basically a car show and racing resumes on Monday. Here's a link to it: [www.limerock.com]

DC Townsend
David Townsend
Vermont
(406 posts)

11/21/2007 12:22PM

Main British Car:
'78 B (almost done) 30-over SBF, dry sump

authors avatar
Re: Who's going to the Lime Rock Historic Festival, Sep 2-5 (Labor day wknd)
Posted by: DC Townsend
Date: August 25, 2011 04:52PM

I go nearly everyyear. It's one of the few tracks left where your entrance fee gives you access to the entire place. The quality of the racing and the cars has always been first rate. You simply can't say enough goods things about an outfit that puts the beer tent at the top of the hill where you can sit and watch things unfold with the comfort of a cold one. The lawn overlooking Turn One and the esses is always a popular spot but I perfer the other side of the track at the short chute that goes under the bridge. I'm headed down on Saturday with a few friends, will spend the day, then head home late afternoon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.