Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
awesome new racecar history / technology book
Posted by: Moderator
Date: November 14, 2013 08:13PM

I received my copy of Haynes' McLaren M23 Owners' Workshop Manual today. So exciting! I can already tell that my friend Ian Wagstaff has scored another big win. Last year, he authored Haynes' Lotus 72 Owners' Workshop Manual. That was an amazing book; I enjoyed every word and every photo. It will take me awhile to read this new McLaren book, but it appears just as impressive and I can't wait to sit down and study it properly.

One of my photos appears in the new book! (It covers the top half of page 135.) Maybe you've seen this snapshot before?

http://www.britishracecar.com/PhilMauger-McLaren-M23/PhilMauger-McLaren-M23-AA.jpg

It was the kick-off photo in this BritishRacecar article: McLaren M23 serial number 1 - "Denny Hulme's car". Check out my article to whet your appetite, and then order yourself copies of Ian's books.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: awesome new racecar history / technology book
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: December 20, 2013 03:49PM

Actually, I would be more interested in a test drive. ;)

Preform Resources
Dave Craddock
Redford,Michigan
(359 posts)

12/20/2008 05:46PM

Main British Car:
72 MGB V6 3.4

Re: awesome new racecar history / technology book
Posted by: Preform Resources
Date: December 21, 2013 04:29PM

Curtis, thanks for the heads up on those books, I got both of them, not only nice tech pictures of how they were built but a lot of shots of the personnel ,histories etc.
Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.