Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Thanks Phil!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: October 04, 2011 01:51PM

I really enjoy making banner ads... here's the newest example:

http://www.britishracecar.com/v-BritishNumismatics.jpg

Do you guys collect coins too? I don't have any real fancy coins, but for many years I've squirreled away pocket change from my travels, inexpensive but obsolete coins from flea markets, etc., etc. - mostly foreign coins with a special focus on the WWII years. For example, I have a British "one penny" coin from 1945 - that coin is the size and weight of a U.S. half dollar! What were they thinking? I also have a British "three penny" coin that could easily be mistaken for a dime. Three penny? That's not three cents, it's 3/240ths of one pound sterling. Again, what were they thinking? So quirky... like old British sports cars. What do you guys collect? In these uncertain times, maybe you should buy yourself some gold sovereigns. Phil can help you out.

British Numismatics is the newest advertiser on BritishRacecar.com, and I'm announcing it here and now since the ad appears in an article many of you have probably read already.

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Re: Thanks Phil!/ I'll check my washing machine !
Posted by: roverman
Date: October 04, 2011 05:38PM

It seems to do most of the "collecting". roverman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.