Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Turkey Bowl XV - - - Nov. 25-27, Summit Point WV
Posted by: Moderator
Date: November 16, 2011 02:09AM

For anyone in the mid-Atlantic region, the Vintage Racer Group's season finale is a fine event. It's very casual. (In fact, it's so laid back that there may not be anyone at the gate when you get to the track... just come on in!) This is a good opportunity to meet club / vintage racers and get a close look at their cars. Ask questions. Get involved. I'll probably be there all day Saturday, plus Sunday morning. It would be fun to see you!

What sort of cars might you expect to see at the Turkey Bowl? These cars/articles are a sampling from the last two Turkey Bowls:
a) Austin Healey Sprite
b) Daimler Dart
c) Lola Sports Mk1
d) MG Midget
e) Peerless GT
f) Sunbeam Tiger
g) Triumph GT6
h) Turner MkIII
( haven't published articles yet on the Ford GT40, the Lotus Turbo Esprit, the Chevron B16, the Lotus 69, the Ford-Lotus Cortina, the Elva 200 and MkIV, or the Royale RP16... those are still in the article queue. There's likely to be a good turn-out of Spridgets and a couple MGAs, but probably not many or any MGBs or big Healeys.)

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Turkey Bowl XV - - - Nov. 25-27, Summit Point WV
Date: November 26, 2011 01:35AM

I've never experienced a prettier day at Summit Point - gorgeous and comfortable weather - plus apparently a bigger entry list than the last two years! Two more days left. Come see the third of the three famous MGC GT V8 cars originally prepared by MG to race in the Sebring 12 hours race. You can also drool over a Ford GT40, an exquisite Chevron B16 or a lovely Lola Mk1 not to explicitly mention (as expected) a whole lot of nice Spridgets and more Elvas than you're likely to see anywhere else all year. I especially liked a Royale S2000M... Unexpected bonus: a Crosley Hotshot (the first one I've ever seen in person. No, it's not actually racing but it was rattling around in the paddock under its own power today.)

rickl750
Rick Londono

(7 posts)

12/12/2011 03:20PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: rickl750
Date: December 14, 2011 01:15PM

Curtis,
My son and I attended the event as VRG prospective members and it was a great time. People were very friendly and as you mention the weather was perfect and allot of great cars, what else can you ask for.

Regards,

Rick

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: December 15, 2011 04:08PM

Yes indeed! So I'll see your car there next year?

I've downloaded my cameras finally...

This snapshot was an especially nice surprise. I loaned my spare camera to my sister and she took some great shots:
Healey100-preview.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 04:09PM by Moderator.

rickl750
Rick Londono

(7 posts)

12/12/2011 03:20PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: rickl750
Date: February 03, 2012 11:09AM

Curtis,
Yes you should, I'm trying to finish my build by May for the VRG racing school and the Jefferson 500. (1975 Triumph Spitfire)

That is a great shot!

Regards,

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.