Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
British V8s will race at "The Mitty" (Road Atlanta, April 26-29)
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 10, 2012 07:32PM

ahttp://www.britishracecar.com/p-MGB-GT-V8-Race-Cars

Jerry Richards is a natural born organizer. (That's him, second from the left above.) Jerry is largely responsible for the eight hundred percent increase in North American MGB-GT-V8 racing participation we've seen this past decade. As many of you will recall, Jerry managed to get five MGB GT V8 racecars together at V.I.R. is 2009. Well, now he's pushing and prodding to double that number for "The Mitty" at Road Atlanta next April. So far, I know that six racers have committed (Jerry, Les Gonda, Blakeley Bruce, Don Munoz, Jim, and Bill Bartlett).

Mark your calender and be there!

What about Triumph TR8 racers? I've never actually seen a TR8 racecar driven in anger... but Jerry is hoping they'll come and join in the party too. They're invited, and Jerry is even offering them free beers. Free beers!

What about RV8 racecars? Now would be the time to start pulling strings. (RV8's look plenty "vintage" to me!) Can we at least borrow one to display in paddock?

Racers, Road Atlanta is practically in Jerry's backyard... so if you need logistical help to make this work, it's available. I hesitate to post anybody's e-mail address on a message board. If you don't already know how to get in touch with Jerry, let me know and I'll introduce you.

Spectators, don't miss this - it's going to be really big fun!

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: British V8s will race at "The Mitty" (Road Atlanta, April 26-29)
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: January 10, 2012 10:08PM

Curtis, sorry to say that Phillip's RV8 won't be able to make the trip, good news though, I believe that another one is being built for next season here in the midwest.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: British V8s will race at "The Mitty" (Road Atlanta, April 26-29)
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: January 20, 2012 07:26PM

That's a bummer, Bill. I can make Road Atlanta in 4 1/2 hours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.