Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

jsteele13629
Jamie Steele

(2 posts)

01/31/2012 06:29PM

Main British Car:

Info on 'Works' Mini's rubber suspension
Posted by: jsteele13629
Date: January 31, 2012 06:38PM

Hi there,
I am currently doing a project at university and i'm seeking more information specifically on the specifications of, or the type of the rubber the 'works' teams used on the rear suspension of the Mini. Anything from compounds to ride frequencies would be a great help. Even if anyone could point me in the right direction for information, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for your time
Jamie

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Info on 'Works' Mini's rubber suspension
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 31, 2012 10:20PM

I don't know anything about the compounds, ride frequencies, etc. - but I have an idea who would be the ideal person to ask. I'd call or visit the Moulton Bicycle company to see if they would kindly help you get in touch with their founder. At 92 years old, I hope Dr. Alexander Eric ("Alex") Moulton is in good health. He's probably forgotten more than anyone else knows about the Mini suspension and specifically the development of its rubber components.

The company's contact info appears here:
[www.moultonbicycles.co.uk]

jsteele13629
Jamie Steele

(2 posts)

01/31/2012 06:29PM

Main British Car:

Re: Info on 'Works' Mini's rubber suspension
Posted by: jsteele13629
Date: February 01, 2012 03:15PM

Thanks for that. I will try and get in contact with the Moulton company and see what I can find out. I hope he or someone he knows can shed more light on the rubber cones. Thanks again for the link.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.