Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Roadmaster travel information
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: February 12, 2012 11:07PM

We've had a thread on the MG section for some time about the travel plans for the Roadmaster project, but thought you of the racing persuasion might have missed it. Please give it a look and see if you have any ideas for events to attend and persons who want to host the car for a while.
Thanks,
Bill Young

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Roadmaster travel information
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 13, 2012 12:30AM

I'm sure Roadmaster would be welcome in the paddock at Road Atlanta during The Mitty, April 27-29. At least six MGB GT V8 racers are planning to meet there. I was thinking of flying into Atlanta just for the weekend, and probably renting a car. I'll camp at the track. Is it possible that I might be able to "borrow" Roadmaster for that weekend?

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: February 13, 2012 10:35AM

Curtis, you need to get in touch with Dan Masters. He should have the car around that time. You could probably fly into Tennessee and drive the car down to the Mitty and then back so that he could take it to the Blount county event the following week.

danmas
Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee
(578 posts)

10/28/2007 12:11AM

Main British Car:
1974 MGBGT Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: danmas
Date: February 13, 2012 12:43PM

Bill and Curtis (and everyone else)

That's the weekend I had planned to get the car from Steve, over in NC. The following weekend it's scheduled to be in the Street Rod show in Knoxville; the weekend after that, it's due to be at the British car Gathering in townsend. A couple of options come to mind:

1. I could get it a week earlier and then Curtis could pick it up here as Bill suggested.
2. If someone could get it to Atlanta in time for Curtis to take it to The Mitty, I could then pick it up in Atlanta.
3. If someone could get it to me a week or so prior to the Mitty, I could take it down to Atlanta and bring it back here after Mitty.
4. Curtis could fly to NC, pick the car up, and then take it to The Mitty, and then fly home out of Atlanta. I'd pick the car up in Atlanta and drive it up here.

I think option 1 would be the best. I can show Curtis some realy great driving roads from here to Road Atlanta (including The Dragon, if he wants). It is, if I remember correctly, about a 4 hour drive from here, but a very pleasant drive. Another plus to option 1 - The Knoxville air port is MUCH less of a hassle than Atlanta, and you can avoid the madhouse that is the interstate system getting from the Atlanta airport through the City of Atlanta

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.