Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Preform Resources
Dave Craddock
Redford,Michigan
(359 posts)

12/20/2008 05:46PM

Main British Car:
72 MGB V6 3.4

Vintage race AU Grattan !
Posted by: Preform Resources
Date: August 19, 2012 08:31PM

Just got back from Grattan, Mi. vintage soiree,, BIG MG turnout ! excellent weather ,overall, John Twists university motors summer party was only a few miles away, a lot of those folks turned up for the track tour etc. Great weekend!! John Targett
was there with his most excellent B, took some people around (briskly) in the passenger seat in the touring leg! Don Munoz and
Jim Fletchers ( ex Kieth Burnett )V8 Bs were there, MANY MGs of every vintage as well as a few other marques.
Dave

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Vintage race AU Grattan !
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 20, 2012 12:47AM

I really hate that I missed it!

Do you have any race results to report?

Preform Resources
Dave Craddock
Redford,Michigan
(359 posts)

Main British Car:
72 MGB V6 3.4

Date: August 20, 2012 08:30PM

Curtis , I don't have any results maybe some other folks that were there will post.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 20, 2012 09:53PM

The highly condensed report I heard is that Dick Luening won Sunday's all-MG feature race. (I'm very keen to photograph his MGB!) Also, I heard that John Targett had mechanical problems on Saturday, so he didn't get a decent qualifying time for the all-MG race, he started in eighth position, and he managed to work his way up to a second place finish. I didn't hear how the V8s or Spridgets ran.

Preform Resources
Dave Craddock
Redford,Michigan
(359 posts)

Main British Car:
72 MGB V6 3.4

Date: August 21, 2012 04:49PM

Yes, Leuning was going away ! John Targett did well although he some niggling problems earlier on, he was paddocked with Don Munoz GT and Dave Anderson's Sunbeam Alpine. Don was having teething problems all weekend due to the multitude of changes made to the car since originally purchasing it, Jim Fletchers GT (ex Kieth Burnett) was going good early on but was sidelined with driveline issues and went home early, I ended up cooking all weekend.
Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.