Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

crashbash
david bash
st. charles
(215 posts)

01/28/2008 10:53AM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Rdst V8 project, 1968 MGC GT, 1969 MGB Rd olds 215

2013 MGR V8 racing season
Posted by: crashbash
Date: January 11, 2013 01:21PM

Yo Phil Leonard and Clancy Schmidt!!!!!!

What does the 2013 race season look like for you?
Phil have you built your new race engine yet? if so details please If not Dan Jones and I had a block boring plate made up out of a chunk of aluminum. You might want to borrow this.

Phillip G
Phillip Leonard
Kansas City
(395 posts)

02/03/2008 04:12PM

Main British Car:
1992 MG RV8 Rover 3.5

Re: 2013 MGR V8 racing season
Posted by: Phillip G
Date: January 20, 2013 02:14PM

YO, David,

No real progress to report on another engine for the SCCA GT2 RV8.

A few months ago I submitted a request/petition to the SCCA Competition Racing Board for consideration of a change from the 3.5 size engine - as in the GCR rulebook - to the 3.9 size engine. These things take a long time for any action/reaction from the mostly amateur group of GCR rules makers. The SCCA is almost exclusively a group of amateur racers, after all.

As soon as I hear anything from the SCCA regarding my petition I'll certainly let you know. In the mean time I'm trying to locate a good 3.9 block with 4 bolt mains and a set of good Buick 300 heads. That would be a good
start ..... if the SCCA CRB grants me the changes in the GCR rulebook. I don't really want to tie up money in new block & heads until the SCCA decides on my petition.

Saw Clancy yesterday at a large gathering of Chump car racers. He recently completed the changeover to the large Wilwood brakes on the RV8 GT2 car. The entire front suspension has been entirely changed out and the Wilwoods are a sight to behold on such a small car. Now it is time to move on to a stronger engine (and a better transmission) if the SCCA rule book allows. Clancy asked me to say hello to you and to try to get you involved in a chump car ride. He has a very hot box Sprite with a DOHC 4 cylinder Ford engine for Chump Car Racing. Give him a call.

cheers,

phillip g

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.