Race Cars and Motorsports

if it's about racing, spectating, performance driving, or race-prep... this is the place

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
another really neat photo... this one from April 2008
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 07, 2009 01:42PM

Beer-vs-Wilson.jpg

This news clipping (from Britain's "Autosport" magazine) is something I came across in continuing research of current and international events related to the racing of V8-converted British sports cars.

At least seventeen different MGB V8 road-racers competed in England in 2008. There are also enthusiastic MGB V8 racers in Australia and New Zealand. In 2008, the number of competing North American road-racing MGB V8's was probably just three... but 2009 will be better! (I know of 5 GT-V8's planning to compete in the SVRA-sanctioned "Gold Cup" race that's immediately before our annual meet at nearby VIR. (You're planning to be there, right?) Two additional MGB-V8 racers would compete there if their engines were ready...

So I think it's fair to say that this niche is healthy and growing... and then when you consider the Triumphs and Morgans and... It's so exciting!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 01:45PM by Moderator.

itsawindupuk
Adam New
England
(3 posts)

04/08/2009 03:27PM

Main British Car:
1968 MGB GT 1800cc +.030

Re: another really neat photo... this one from April 2008
Posted by: itsawindupuk
Date: April 10, 2009 09:35AM

ive actually seen them race and got a video of them at brands hatch with a great crash. these cars are running over 400BHP and can out pace pretty much anything that isnt a single seater race car. they have 4.0 rover v8 engines with quad downdraught weber carbs, and sound amazing!!!
[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.