DBW
Dennis Williams

(13 posts)

10/23/2007 08:50PM

Main British Car:

Starters
Posted by: DBW
Date: August 09, 2009 10:08PM

My second starter just stopped and it lasted twice as long as the first one. Has anyone used the D&D starter and how long has it lasted. I have a 3.9 Rover with LT77 trans. My first starter came from England and lasted two or three years the second came from TSI in Ohio and it has lasted about five years. I have not taken it out yet so maybe it can be fixed. Ihave RV8 headers so I dont think the heat is an issue but then what else could it be. Thank you . Denny

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: Starters
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: August 10, 2009 01:04AM

slater
Kris Slater

(9 posts)

02/21/2009 11:10PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: slater
Date: August 10, 2009 01:28PM

I was looking at this starter for my 3.9 project, $225. I have no experience with the D&D starters.
[ferraris.server273.com]

DBW
Dennis Williams

(13 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: August 12, 2009 08:32PM

I called TSI and he said to hook it up to a different battery and see if it will start. He thinks it's ground wiring connection needs cleaned. It does click once then nothing so I'll play with it this weekend and see what happens. Thank you. Denny

DBW
Dennis Williams

(13 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: August 22, 2009 03:15PM

I got around to checking out the car today. The positive battery cable was gummed up,replaced it and the car started right up.

The bad news was there was no oil pressure the other problem I keep having. I parked the car downhill at the bottom of my

driveway instead of uphill. Downhill is the way it was when I lost the pressure at the begining of the summer. So hopefully

as long as its parked the right way it should be ok? I will give D&D a call to see if they have an answer to the problem which

started when I switched to there swivel oil filter mount when my remote mount cracked. Now I got it tuned well and it runs

better than ever. When I change the oil next I will look at the part others told me might be the problem. Denny

Bruce Mills
Bruce Mills
Vancouver Canada
(71 posts)

11/28/2007 09:31PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB Roadster 3.5 Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: Bruce Mills
Date: August 28, 2009 12:15AM

Does any one know which solenoids D&D are using with their starters? My solenoid is starting to sound a little tired.
I would give them a call but my cell phone is in for repairs.
The local parts place said they can't match it but can order one in if I know what it is off of or have the numbers

Thanks

Bruce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.